Ethernet over NBN.
True business grade NBN.
Cybertel ethernet over nbn.
Future Proof Connectivity
The age of copper is fast coming to an end. Future-proof your business with Ethernet over NBN now to ensure you’re not left behind by technology.
99.85% Uptime Commitment
Cybertel’s Ethernet over NBN comes with a 99.85% Availability Commitment giving you fewer interruptions and better peace of mind.
Flexible Speed Options
Cybertel’s EoNBN gives guaranteed speeds for mission-critical VoIP and our Hosted PBX and video conferencing, or just a great online experience.
Service Restoration Targets
Unlike “normal” NBN™, Ethernet over NBN features next business day fault restoration commitments, or sooner, if more mission-critical.
Business grade NBN is here.
Ethernet over NBN brings you stability and speed when you need it most. Don’t rely on consumer-grade NBN™ for your mission-critical business activities, trust Cybertel’s Ethernet over NBN, and get on with business.
Customer premises equipment.
Included Network Terminating Unit
FTTP services are delivered with an NBNco Network Termination Device (NTD) and a Cybertel NTD. FTTN and FTTB are delivered with a Cybertel NTD only.
For FTTN and FTTB deliveries, Cybertel will provide up to 30 metres of cabling from the last IDF to the Cybertel NTD location. For FTTP deliveries, Cybertel will provide up to 30 metres of cabling from the NBN NTD to the Cybertel NTD.
Recommended Router Option
If your premises is physically cabled with Ca5/Cat6e networking cable, you should be able to connect to Cybertel’s NTD directly. If you require wireless connectivity, you will need a wireless switch or access point to be connected directly into Cybertel’s NTD. These can be purchased from Cybertel or you may opt to supply your own. Patching your wireless network into Cybertel’s NTD is outside of the Scope of Works of Cybertel and its supplier’s technicians.
Recommended Networking Device:
- Up to 100Mbps: Draytek Vigor 2862
- Available from Cybertel
Things you should know...
1. All prices quoted are exclusive of GST unless noted otherwise.
2. If you choose to cancel your service or it is disconnected for any reason within the Contract Term, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee comprised of your minimum monthly commitment as per your agreement with us, multiplied by the months remaining in your contract. You must provide 30 days’ written notice to us to disconnect a service.
3. Setup Charges quoted cover a standard service installation and termination only. Additional charges may apply: i) Where there is insufficient cable capacity on the MDF or LDF termination points within the building. ii) Where the service delivery point is not within 1m of the MDF termination point or requires vertical in-building (fibre) runs. iii) Where the premises lead-in is insufficient in capacity to deliver the fibre service or additional copper requirements. iv) Where the fibre build cost incurs any additional charges from our supplier (these will be advised prior to commencement). v) Where there are insufficient copper pairs terminated on the premises. vi) Where multiple site visits are required due to lack of information or identification of installation points.
4. NBN Traffic Class 2 (TC-2) means asymmetric, Committed Information Rate (CIR) speed designed for real-time, interactive multimedia applications. NBN Traffic Class 4 (TC-4) means an asymmetric, best-effort, Peak Information Rate (PIR) speed designed for “best effort” applications. Services using NBN traffic class 4 do not have a guaranteed speed or throughput. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTU, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data. Line Speed is the theoretical maximum speed and actual speed will be less due to a number of factors including network configuration, line quality and length, exchange type, customer premises interference, traffic, hardware, and software; and for fibre, the transmission protocol which uses a portion of the access bandwidth of the Ethernet Line connection to manage the transmission of data (IP overheads).
5. Single static IP address is included. Requests for additional IPs will be considered and where available, provided at additional cost.
6. Ethernet over NBN services have an uptime guarantee of 99.85% and rebate calculated as 1 day of service access fee credited for each hour of network downtime over and above the guaranteed level. Network downtime does not include faults in the underlying service from the exchange to the customer premises or any faults in the customer’s own network.
7. Rebate must be claimed using our Standard Rebate Application Form within 3 months.
8. Rebate will be applied as a credit against your bill.
9. Maximum rebate available is the minimum monthly charge for the service.
10. Acceptable Usage Policy applies.
11. Relocation charges will be quoted at the time of delivery.
12. Relocations are subject to individual site qualification and subject to approval. Service modifications will attract a charge, to be quoted for your approval before we commence any modification request.
13. Default Interface Details: services less than 100Mbps will default to 100 Base TX and Services equal or greater than 100Mbps will default to 1000 Base LX.
14. Withdrawal Charges: services withdrawn before order completion but after order acceptance will incur a service withdrawal charge to be quoted at time of withdrawal.
15. Ethernet over NBN services come with Business support.
16. The minimum term will commence upon the later of i) when your application is accepted by us; or ii) when your services are connected.
17. Where multiple services are ordered, each service is subject to an individual agreement; failure to deliver a specific service does not null or void other service orders. Whilst we will attempt to order services so that all are connected as close as possible, we cannot guarantee when services are connected. As such, each individual service will commence billing from the time it is connected and deemed live by us.
18. As Ethernet service installation may require Infrastructure, including building of network services to the customer premises, we cannot provide a committed date for installation.
19. We may charge a Fee for Service for: i) extra work carried out by us or our supplier that is not covered by any other charge in this agreement. ii) work requested by you and agreed to by us or our supplier, outside of business hours (other than responding to a fault).
20. We may charge an Incorrect Callout Fee or Fee for Service where a fault is lodged and: i) we or a supplier visit your premises and find no fault with the service. ii) we or a supplier visit your premises and a fault is deemed to be with your own network or equipment. iii) the technician cannot physically access your premises at the arranged time.
21. We retain ownership of any NTU installed for the purposes of connecting your service.
22. We will support any hardware purchased from and configured by us. Hardware not purchased from us will be supported at our best efforts, but is not guaranteed.
23. Standard Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Cybertel logs a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: By 5:00 PM AEST next clear Business Day. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-8 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Cybertel logs a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 8 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-12 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Cybertel logs a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 12 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time.
Frequently asked questions.
What do you get?
- 99.85% service availability commitment
- True business grade
- Flexible – choose your desired traffic class
- Scalable – move to higher speeds when your business is ready
- Resilient – Upgradable target restoration commitment included
- Cost-effective – don’t pay more for less
- Works everywhere nbn™ (FTTP, FTTN, FTTB) works
Who Can Get Ethernet Over NBN?
ABN holders who are located in nbn co’s network footprint, who are connectable via nbn FTTP, FTTN or FTTB. HFC and Fixed Wireless are unfortunately not compatible with Ethernet over NBN. If you’re in an incompatible area, why not enquire about one of our other business grade data service types? You might be pleasantly surprised.
How does Ethernet over NBN compare to normal residential nbn?
Ethernet over NBN blows residential nbn™ out of the water with its super-fast speeds, business-grade stability, and it is built for business users. You also get different SLA and Traffic Class options, spoiling you for choice and service quality levels.
Do you only offer unlimited data?
We believe the internet should be experienced without limits and expensive bill shock. But if you still want the stability of business grade nbn™ but don’t need much data, ask for a tailored quote today.
- A business-grade Ethernet over NBN (EoNBN) connection with Unlimited data
- 99.85 % uptime service availability commitment
- Standard service restoration target commitments
- The choice to add-on better service restoration target commitments for those who really need it
If you withdraw your order prior to the associated service completion advice being issued by Cybertel, the following order withdrawal fees will apply:
- If we haven’t yet accepted the order = $0
- If we’ve accepted the order but haven’t completed logical build = $735
- If we’ve commenced physical build but haven’t yet completed physical build = $1465.20
- If the physical build is complete and Cybertel receives service completion advice from the carrier = Full Early Termination Fee (ETF)
Relocation fees relate to how we handle Early Termination Fees (ETFs) on a service cancelled as a result of a relocation:
- Relocations within the same building are $735 – no ETF applies
- Relocations to a new building incurs a $1465.20 ETF, except those occurring in the last 6 months if there is a contract term which does not incur an ETF
- Relocations may be subject to Subsequent Install Fees and the Government’s New Developments Surcharge.
Important things to note:
- Customers must recontract should they relocate their service
- Not all modems/routers will work with EoNBN – Cybertel will provide the required Network Terminating Device as part of the included basic install process
- NBN Traffic Class 2 (TC2) means a symmetric, committed information rate (CIR) speed designed for real-time, interactive multimedia applications.
- NBN Traffic Class 4 (TC4) means an asymmetric, best-effort, peak information rate (PIR) speed designed for “best effort” applications. Services over EoNBN Access using NBN traffic class 4 do not have a guaranteed speed or throughput. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTD, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data.
- Available only to ABN holders on FTTP, FTTN and FTTB technology types
- Change requests attract a charge of $149 each
- Service is only available with a 36 month minimum contract term
- NBN Battery backup is not supplied with this service
- Free install included (excludes Subsequent Install Fees or the Government’s New Development Surcharge, if applicable)
Get in touch.